jueves, 10 de mayo de 2007

Assignment 2: Recommended Websites in my Area

Today´s journal question is:
How did you become interested in your area of study? What motivates you to continue learning about your career?

When I was studying at school I didn't know my career, but I knew that I wanted to work in health area and I liked it. First I wanted to become a doctor, because I didn't knew other way to help the people in this area, and didn't know very well other careers that be alike.
Thinking about what kind of help did I wanted to give to people I realized that it wasn't necessary to do big things like saving persons lives, but doing other kind of things that help to them to keep living even though they become handicapped, because is too difficult to live with the consequences of an accident, for example.
Saving a person life is not enough because with all the problems they may have later, their lives are going to get very hard and in many times they don't want to live any more.
There are many ways to help the people from the occupational therapy, and this is one of the reasons I have to learn more things about my career, because if I become a good Occupational therapist I will have more tools to do well my job and give to the people a good help.

If you want to know what is the Occupational Therapy, you can visit

http://www.aota.org/featured/area6/index.asp, where is an explanation and a definition about the career.
The next link is where I'm studying:
http://www.med.uchile.cl/escuelas/terapia/index.html

4 comentarios:

Vale dijo...

Piliiiiiii, your post has a word in spanish hahahaaa. Always chilean, It's so funny.
I like your motivation for the Occupational Therapy and you will a excellent Occupational Therapist because you have the necessary profile.

Corazón de Sandía (Naty) dijo...

Hello Pili !!!

Well i read your blog, and i really like the post about our carrer. I think that you can describe in few lines, the importance of the Occupationa Therapy... and much important of that, is the way that you decribe your feelings. Was very nice read about your dreams in the future and i know that you can be a very good Occupational Therapist.

About you first entrance, i like to know that exist more people like me, whit lots of thing in all the house, with a especial mean.

With love

Your friend Naty

PD: please try to never change you way of think, because is very beatiful

Andrea Carolina Román Yáñez dijo...

Pili... I like your comment about the career, because it treat themes very important for the occupational therapist, like us the motivation, bravery, altruism and dedication and others values. Congratulations! That's all. Bye bye. *YITA*.

...Pili... dijo...

vale!!! I tried to correct a little my "spanglish"

The word "de", that made you laugh is now "the"... so thank you for telling me!!